I feel that it’s incredible and at the same time fantastic that an eclectic bunch of people – some random strangers – can come together to effectively discuss a book, the Desire Map, and walk away touched by the power of life. This clever book has the power to change your life, not to mention the tidal wave-like ripple effect it has created ’round the globe.
For 5 weeks our humble collaboration of book clubbers met, we discussed, we shared delicious food, we mused, we hypothesised, we supported & cared, we embraced (new thoughts), we let go (old thoughts), we got in touch with our core feelings and we set off on our own paths fuelled by our desires.
It’s not often that we take the time out to ask the deep questions of our beings. Or that we find a person / people to engage with in that way. It is a rare treat that we all clung to fiercely. It’s no surprise that “the end” wasn’t really the end for us and that we have decided to keep meeting semi-regularly. Yay!
I had several epiphanies from the discussions we had during book club:
- If we believed our joy would change the world, we’d unashamedly practice self-love.
- If we made our decisions based on feeling good we’d be at peace.
- When we live in the present with a mindset of gratitude we do “have it all”.
- Trust in Life. It is all working out just fine.
- Identifying your core desired feelings gives you permission to be the intentional creator of your life.
Phew. So I learnt a lot (& continue to learn these lessons daily) about myself as well as the imprints I would like to leave on this earth.
I’d love to hear about other books you’ve read that have touched you to the core and caused you to really consider the way you practice “living”. What are your favourites?