White Christmas is a bit of a tradition in our house. You? Although these days, the traditional stuff is really way too sweet to actually enjoy.
This is really exciting actually because I have finally found the basis of a good white chocolate recipe that has no dairy and no refined sugar… a whole new range of recipes based on white chocolate open up now!
I found this incredibly easy recipe at Wholefood Simply.
1 cup (150g) roughly chopped cacao butter
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup pistachios
1. Gently melt the cacao butter over low heat.
2. Blend the cashews and desiccated coconut at high speed until it is a smooth paste – this is a big job and might take a little while, even in a high speed blender.
3. Reduce the speed and slowly pour in the melted cacao butter, vanilla and maple syrup. Blend until well combined. Increase the speed to ensure the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the mixture in to a slice or brownie tin and sprinkle the berries and pistachios over the top. Refrigerate to set.
5. Chop in to pieces and enjoy! (Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge).
Do you make your own White Christmas? What do you like to add?